THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

čtvrtek 7. července 2011

A to Z Reading Challange


I've just found this challenge over Becky's Book Reviews and...I just could not resist. I am not sure I'll have enough time until December 31 but I'll do my best. If you want to join in, you can sign in here.

Here are the rules:

How does this reading challenge work? Choose the option that works best for you...

Authors -- Read alphabetically by author. Commit to 26 books.
Titles -- Read alphabetically by title. Commit to 26 books.
Authors & Titles -- Commit to reading 52 books


How strict is the 26 or 52? I know it isn't always easy to find those difficult letters. The thought of finding the X's (for example) might scare folks away. It shouldn't! I'm a merciful host! (Ask anyone!)

If you want to give the X's a go... For authors, try to find an X in the first name, middle name, or last name. For titles, it doesn't have to be the starting word. Try to find an X somewhere in a title, and it'd count in my book.

Still can't find a book for the letter you need? I'll take your word for it. I've been there. I know. If your library doesn't see the need to order books just because it starts with an X, then I don't blame you for not wanting to special order a book that you may or may not enjoy. You gave it your best, don't feel bad. You can still make this challenge work for you.


I chose to read books by their titles but I doubt I will read them alphabetically. So this is the list of books I know I want to read so far, I'll add the others later:

A - American Gods (Neil Gaiman) - review
B - Bareback (Kit Whitfield) - review
C - The Children of Dynmouth (William Trevor) - review
D - Dirk Gently's Holostic Detective Agency (Douglas Adams) - review
E - Every Man For Himself (Beryl Bainbridge) - review
F
G - A gyertyák csonkig égnek (Sándor Márai) - review (CZ)
H
I - L'Immoraiste (André Gide) - review (CZ)
J
K
L - Love, Again (Doris Lessing) - review (CZ)
M - La Maison Déserte (Jacques Tournier) - review
N - Northanger Abbey (Jane Austen) - review
O - Oscar and Lucinda (Peter Carey) - review
P - Persuasion (Jane Austen)
Q
R
S - Skippy Dies (Paul Murray) - review
T - Thérèse Raquin (Émile Zola) - review
U - Un Lun Dun (China Miéville) - review
V
W - A Wizard of Earthsea (Ursula K. Le Guin) - review
X
Y
Z

0 komentářů: